We are monitoring the status and potential risk of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Below is an update as to what we are doing to help stop the spread of disease throughout the building, what services you can take advantage of from home, and information about the virus from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
If you are ill, please refrain from visiting the Library. We are continuing to advise all our patrons, as well as our staff, to follow CDC guidelines by:
- Staying home if you are not feeling well
- Regularly washing your hands
- Avoiding individuals who are sick
- Avoiding crowded areas if you are an at-risk individual as defined by the CDC.
What We Are Doing:
We are making our library as healthy as possible by:
• Cleaning the building daily.
• Sanitizing door handles, handrails and elevator buttons.
• Cleaning keyboards and table tops.
Using Library Resources from Home
The Lynbrook Public Library offers many great resources that can be accessed and used from home, including:
• Nassau Digital Doorway – borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks from OverDrive and Libby.
• RBdigital Magazines – download and read magazines online using your computer, tablet, or smart device.
• Tumble Books-Children can read story books, graphic novels and more online using a computer, tablet, or smart device.
• Credo– Credo Reference is a general reference solution for learners. Offering more than 490 highly regarded titles from over 70 publishers.
• Tutor.com – Tutor.com is a fully online tutoring including live homework help.
• Online Databases – conduct research.